This post is the second in a long series of planned blog posts about proposed gun control measures to reduce the risk of mass shootings.
Link to Serious Example of this Proposal: https://agingmillennialengineer.com/2018/02/15/fuck-you-i-like-guns-2/
1) What problem does it solve? This proposal is offered as a solution to the problem of mass shootings.
2) How well does it solve the problem?
Affirmative Answer: Look at countries like Australia, Canada, England, and Japan. They don’t allow AR-15s and they don’t have mass shootings.
(a) This only works for law abiding citizens. The criminals are going to get AR-15s anyway. In fact, we’re not enforcing the laws we already have!
(b) When there’s a DUI, we blame the driver. When there’s a bombing, we blame the terrorist. But when there’s a shooting, we blame the gun?
3) What new problems does it add?
(I’m honestly not sure how either camp would answer the question.)
4) What are the economic and social costs?
Affirmative Answer: (?)
(a) This would trample our civil liberties (2nd amendment).
(b) Criminals would have more powerful guns than law-abiding citizens.
5) Given the above, is it worth the costs?
Affirmative Answer: Yes
Negative Answer: No